COFFEE & CANDELABRA
COTTAGE IN AUTUMN
COTTAGE IN WINTER
Tucked away in the a picturesque Suffolk village Badger Cottage offers visitors the chance to explore, relax and take in the beautiful countryside or historic sites nearby.
This cosy holiday cottage in the heart of the Suffolk countryside boasts two mezzanine bedrooms (totally separate from one another), a real log fire & a deep cast iron roll-top bath & lots of homely features. A full description of the cottage & gallery can be found on our ‘accommodation’ page.
By day explore miles of cycle routes, coastal walks and footpaths in the nearby area or visit historic Framlingham or Suffolk’s diverse coastal resorts of Aldeburgh, Southwold & Dunwich. Plan days out to local attractions such as Framlingham Castle, Sutton Hoo or Snape Maltings. (Head to our ‘things to do’ page for more ideas & local tips.)
When you return to your warm cottage with piping hot radiators you can enjoy a long candle-lit soak in the deep bath.
In the evening either relax by the woodburner or enjoy one of the two pubs in easy walking distance of the cottage. The Sweffling White Horse (less than 30 steps from the cottage’s door) boasts a seasonal menu & regular events, as well as its array of tasty local ales to tempt you out of your cottage.
At night sink into the crisp cotton sheets & enjoy the extra deep mattress in your galleried bedroom.
Our Eco-Friendly Ethos
Badger Cottage is run independently by husband & wife team Mark & Marie. We set out with a strong vision to make our holiday cottage, as well as our neighbouring pub & campsite, has a low impact on the environment. As business owners we pressure-test everything we do with an environmental awareness. If you’re planning an eco-friendly holiday take a look at Badger Cottage’s full list of strong eco-credentials before you book your trip!
- Insulation keeps the cottage cool in summer & cosy in the winter, meaning less need for electricity use on fans or heating.
- Hot water is provided by solar power in the summer & a wood-fired range in the winter.
- Heating is provided by the wood burner in the cottage as well as a wood-fired range which powers the radiators.
- All furniture & fittings are made from reclaimed, recycled & locally sourced materials. All paints & building materials have been chosen for their low environmental impact.
- Low energy light bulbs are used throughout the cottage.
- A water butt collects rainwater from the roof for the plants.
- To read more about our eco-friendly holidays please see our ‘environmental’ page or view our Green Policy.
A local Suffolk writer stayed in Badger Cottage as part of her honeymoon –
read her review here.
Guest Book Comments: